BKL is growing and we are seeking an experienced licensed architect to join our team. This position is responsible for creating architectural designs based on customer input and feedback, following construction and government standards, using BIM design software and drawing tools.
BKL is a family-oriented firm that offers flexible hours, one of the coolest spaces in Tulsa and is located close to downtown with free, on-site parking. Benefits include 401k plan and matching, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability and paid time off.
The following list of responsibilities is an estimation of multiple activities that this position may encounter, not necessarily concurrently.
- Create building designs and highly detailed construction drawings through hand sketches and/or Revit.
- Manage a project from the initial client meeting through the final punch list.
- Direct a design team of other professionals such as intern architects, consultants and construction managers.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Possess knowledge of building codes, specifications and construction materials.
- Ability to adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction.
- Maintain contact with existing BKL clients.
- Create and administer schedule and budget.
- Review plans for quality assurance.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Traveling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussions.
- Contribute by pursuing and bringing in new work
- Licensed architect in Oklahoma
- Industrial, municipal, correctional and judicial design is a plus.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments.
- Available and willing to travel around Tulsa and surrounding areas.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
- Able to follow precise directions and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be self-motivated and have a sense of humor.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.